As an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Member and a resident of Florida, you are automatically a member of the Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND), by just selecting Florida as your affiliate. Your membership with FAND gives you additional access to educational events, networking, and leadership opportunities that can help strengthen your career and help enhance our growing profession.
Our profession has grown since we first became recognized for the important work we do for our patients, clients and residents. It is because of our over 3200 members statewide, we have been able to help keep nutrition and dietetics alive and grow as a respected healthcare profession.
FAND offers exclusive learning opportunities through webinars and our very own annual meeting that is available to FAND members at a special reduced rate. Members attending the annual meeting can earn up to 20+ credit hours, visit 80+ vendors in the exhibit hall and hear a faculty of 30+ nationally and internationally recognized speakers in just three days, as well as network with food and nutrition professionals from all aspects of our field all at one fantastic resort.
If you have the passion for growing in your career and want to gain leadership skills, FAND can provide that opportunity. Members serve on the FAND Board of Directors and various committees that work to bring recognition to our profession and help maintain the standards we have worked hard to achieve for over 80 years.
The future of our profession is truly in the hands of you our members. We hope you will consider taking your membership to the next level by serving as a volunteer, participating in member activities, and considering an active role on the Board of Directors or as a chair or member of one of our many committees.
For more information about membership with the Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, please call 850-386-8850 or email Jennifer Beery, 2016-2017 FAND Membership Chairwoman at firstname.lastname@example.org For information about the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, please visit www.eatrightpro.org.
The Benefit of Becoming an AND/ FAND Member
If you have not already done so, I highly encourage you to join the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), YOUR professional association. Membership at the national level with the AND includes the state affiliate organization, the Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND). As a member, you participate in an elaborate network of nutrition professionals and friends who continue to have a profound impact in the field of dietetics both locally and nationally. You remain informed of the latest issues affecting nutrition throughout the United States and in Florida. Most importantly, you become part of a larger community of nutrition professionals, who share a like commitment to the nutritional challenges our state faces everyday in healthcare.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics member benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Member savings on registration fee(s) for AND (early bird registration specials) and FAND (registration discount with volunteer commitment) annual meetings
- Eligibility to apply for AND and FAND scholarship programs
- Complimentary subscription to the FAND Focus quarterly newsletter
- Free subscription to the AND online version of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, an online education center where you can earn continuing professional education credit and find updates about Association strategic actions
- Ready access to the latest and best scientific and evidence-based information, including summaries of research in diseases and conditions like childhood obesity/overweight, hyperlipidemia and other critical illnesses
- Access to ADA’s Scientific Summaries addressing the “hot” research studies in the five priority emerging areas: Obesity/Overweight, Aging, Complementary Care and Dietary Supplements, Food Supply, Human Genome and Genetics
- Links to affiliate dietetic associations and dietetic practice groups
- Twitter and Face book opportunities
- Regular electronic mail notifications of nutrition media-related information on professional development opportunities and industry related trends.
Let AND/ FAND membership put you at a professional advantage for use everyday and throughout your career.