Jennifer Farrell, MS, RDN, LDN
The vision for the House of Delegates (HOD) as adopted on October 15, 2000 is: "The House of Delegates, as the voice of members, governs the profession and develops policy on major professional issues." The process by which the HOD is governed is known as Knowledge-based Strategic Governance.
The HOD, through strategic thinking, policies and actions leads the profession in areas of food, nutrition and health. The House, identifies, triages and addresses "dynamic" professional member issues, using knowledge, dialogue and decision-making and also deliberates standards for education, research and practice related to the profession. The House of Delegates evaluates the marketplace's wants, needs and desires against the products and services offered by the dietetic profession. The HOD, through its representation on the AND Board of Directors, maintains a continual feedback loop to manage expectations and insure implementation of outcomes. State affiliate delegates are member links to the AND. We need your input to be successful.
As your representatives we have taken on the following responsibilities and goals:
- To ensure a well informed membership.
- To ensure a well informed affiliate Board of Directors.
- To obtain increased member involvement at local and state levels.
- To provide consistent, concise messages and directions that support the mission and vision of AND.
- To ensure an effective and efficient structure to address member issues.
- To ensure collaborative relationships within AND and other external organizations.
In order to keep our profession moving forward, The House of Delegates relies on delegates communicating with members. As part of our district visits the delegate can also provide CPEs on the following topics: customer satisfaction, professional development portfolio, ethics training, association updates, and the nutrition care process.